There are many outstanding Planners/Coordinators in the in the wedding industry but it’s important to choose the one that is right for you!
No doubt, finding vendors for your wedding can be a difficult task. You and your future spouse are often vulnerable because you want to plan the perfect day and vendors know that. While you search around you need to consider some of the fact’s that you may not be aware of.
Finding a Wedding Planner, it is no different. There are many people who “pose” as planners or add on the service to another service specialty. As an overjoyed couple planning the most important day of your life, you always want to make sure you shop around, ask the right questions and do your homework.
Here are a few tips for finding a legit Wedding Planner:
– Is the Planner certified? The only regulated certification course in Canada is through the Wedding Planners Institute of Canada (WPIC). They will have received a diploma in this field. Your Wedding Planner/Coordinator should also be committed to ongoing education in courses, seminars and training.
-Do they take ‘kick backs?’ Some wedding planners/coordinators will only use certain vendors as they get a cut of your money, that’s a big no-no.
– Do you feel comfortable with the Planner? You will be working very closely together for a long time so it is of utmost importance that both your personalities ‘click’.
– Are they organized? Most of the Wedding Planning skills are natural to good wedding planners. You want to make sure your Planner is organized, outgoing, and easy to get a long with and confident.
– Ask Questions: Make sure your Planner/coordinator can answer your questions! If they don’t know the answer to your question, a good Wedding Planner will do research to make sure to give you the right answer. Planners have a large database of contacts and your Planner should be able to give you an expert answer to most questions that come up.
– How many weddings do they book a day? A Planner can only be in one place at a time so, make sure you are the only wedding booked.
-Do they have an assistant? A planner can not be in 2 places at once, make sure that your planner has an assistant on the day of your wedding.
– Are the prices too good to be true? Don’t necessarily go for the lowest priced planner or you might be disappointed.
– Are they willing to provide references? Word-of-mouth referrals and previous experiences are important.
– Is the company easy to get in contact with? How quickly they return your phone calls and respond to e-mails will show a lot about your planner and will eliminate your stress levels.
– Read all contracts carefully! Make sure you know what the cancellation policy is and read all stipulations carefully as it should include; who will be on-site, what happens in the case of an emergency (do they have certified backup?)
– How is the Planner requesting payment? Never give full payment up-front. Most will ask for an initial deposit and either instalments or the remaining balance due just before the event.
– ALWAYS COMPARE…meet with at least 2-3 planners before making your decision.
If you’re anxious about incurring the extra cost of a wedding planner, know that wedding planners are experts in their field and are skilled at working within a budget. They can often negotiate better deals or rates for you because they have established relationships with vendors. The money that a wedding planner saves you is far beyond the investment that you make in them.
If you would like additional information about any of our packages and pricing feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
Posted by: Michelle at Bespoke Event Design